Effective Date: Oct 28, 2020
1. Types of Information and Collection Methods
Information Submitted by You
You may be asked to provide personal information anytime you are in contact with Proxim. Proxim may collect personal information about you (and through third parties or other sources where permitted by law) when you interact with us, such as creating or registering for an account, using our products and services, downloading our software, requesting information, requesting notifications for service bulletin or products and services updates, participating in surveys, submitting a job application or when you otherwise actively send us data and personal information. In each such instance, you will know what data we collected because you voluntarily submitted it. You are not required to provide any personal information that we have requested, but if you chose not to do so, you may not be able to access certain content on our website or products and services offered or we will not be able to respond to any inquiries you may have or process your orders.
You may also submit technical information to Proxim such as designs, ideas or data, that you transmit to or post on any of our website for purposes not limited to contest participation. Such submission is considered and treated by Proxim as nonconfidential and nonproprietary. By providing these submissions, you grant Proxim a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable right to disseminate, display, use, modify, copy, adapt, and translate the submission for any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or noncommercial, throughout the world in any media. You also grant us the right to use the name you submit in connection with your submission, if we choose. You represent and warrant in making these submissions that you own or control all rights to these submissions, and that use of your submissions will not cause injury to any person or entity including Proxim. You will indemnify us for all claims resulting from your submissions. If you choose to provide Proxim with a third party's personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent and warrant that you have the third party's permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals.
Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
We may also collect information about you through our trusted third-party sources to assist us in providing product and service offerings to you.
Information Automatically Collected
Like many other websites, Proxim uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, web beacons, gifs and other similar technologies. These tools automatically collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website when you visit our website or use our services, such as your domain name, your browser type, operating system, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our website or use our wervices, the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our website. Please see section 4. "Cookies and Similar Technologies" below for more information.
We and the third parties we engaged to provide services on our behalf may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our website with personal information that you actively submit, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
2. How We May Use Your Information
We may use your information for purposes of operating our business and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about our products or services, respond to your inquiries, fulfill and process your request for our products and services, including helping you to complete transactions, process payments, and other customer service purposes.
- To enable you to use certain features of our product and services.
- To administer the careers portion of the website and process your application.
- To better understand how visitors use our website and products and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our website and products and services and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To send communications to you, either from Proxim directly or from our partners, including for marketing, newsletters, promotions, customer satisfaction surveys purposes and other communications related to our business, including information about our solutions we think may interest you. You can edit your communication preferences for receiving marketing emails as further explained below.
3. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information, and will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share and use your personal information as described below:
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide.
- With third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents as required to perform specific purposes on our behalf. Examples are not limited to delivering packages, processing credit card payments, checking for export compliance, and providing customer service. They have access to customer information to perform their jobs, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To geographically relevant resellers and/or distributors, particularly if you or your company have purchased through a third party before. These companies and persons often provide service to Proxim’s customers. They have access to customer information to perform their jobs, which is not limited to marketing Proxim products, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or a subpoena other legal processes, such as requests from public and governmental authorities or law enforcement, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
If you do not wish us to share your information as described, you may choose not to supply any personal information to us when entering information into your account profile on our website or by not placing orders for our products and services.
We reserve the right to fully use and share information on an aggregated basis, which is not personally identifiable about the user, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers may let you enable a "do not track" feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a "do not track" feature enabled may still accept cookies. There is currently no industry standard for how companies should respond to "do not track" signals, although one may develop in the future. We do not respond to "do not track" requests or signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will describe how in this policy.
5. How You Can Access and Modify Your personal information
6. How You Can Manage Your Communications Preferences
7. How We Secure Your Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this privacy statement. We implement physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please be aware that despite our efforts, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error-free and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us. It is your responsibility to protect against unauthorized access to your user ID, password, phone number, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user ID and password private. You must notify Proxim immediately at if you suspect that your password or user ID has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of the website conducted via your password and user ID. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
8. Your Consent to Transfer and Storing of Data
We keep data in California and also have servers, employees, and contractors around the United States of America and around the world in various locations. As Proxim is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Proxim in the United States or to any Proxim subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide or to third parties and business partners that located in various countries around the world. By using our website or providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different. We will retain and use your personal information as needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. We will retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. Subject to any applicable business, legal, or regulatory requirements, we delete or erase personal information when it is no longer required to enforce our rights or meet our obligations.
9. Children's Privacy
Our website and services are intended for adults. We do not intentionally or knowingly accept, collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under the age of 13 and we request that individuals under the age of 13 not submit any personal information on the website.
10. Link to Third-Party Sites
Our website and services may contain links to third party websites or automatically produce search results that refer or link to other party websites. Proxim is providing these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any of these links does not constitute any endorsement by Proxim. Links to other websites are not under the control of Proxim and Proxim is not responsible for the content or the accuracy or reliability of any such contents and materials made on any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Any access to and use of such linked sites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information and privacy practices of such third party websites. Third parties may independently collect information about their website visitors. We cannot control the collection of this information. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk. If you do not want those companies to collect information about you, you should contact those companies directly.
11. Effective Date, Policy Change
This policy is current as of the effective date set forth above. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time and in our sole discretion. If we decide to change our policy, we will post those changes on this page. When you visit the website, you are accepting the current version of this policy as posted on the website at that time. We recommend that users revisit this policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
12. How You Can Contact Us
13. Communicating With You
By using our website and products and services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our website, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
14. Law and Jurisdiction
15. BlueConnect (Mobile Application)
BlueConnect is a mobile app designed to enable Proxim Wireless products' initial setup and management via Bluetooth.
To enable remote management of Proxim Wireless products from the BlueConnect app, you must enable Bluetooth on your mobile device and grant access to the BlueConnect App.
When configuring a Proxim unit, BlueConnect allows you to push your current GPS coordinates to the unit System Information. If you wish to use this feature, you must enable access to the location services.
Proxim BlueConnect uses the camera in your mobile device to scan a QR code on the Proxim unit. This enables BlueConnect to get direct access to the Proxim Wireless Device. Proxim BlueConnect requires access to your device camera for this to work.