Proxim Wireless Announces Low-Cost, Fully-Featured Base Station Unit
Silicon Valley, CA, February 17, 2015 - Proxim Wireless Corporation (OTC Markets: PRXM), a pioneer and global leader in advanced Wi-Fi, point to point (PtP) and point to multipoint (PtMP) radio systems, today announced the worldwide availability of its Tsunami® 820 series of low-cost plus full-feature base station units. The products are available for order today.
Ideal Customers and Markets
The 820 base station products are intended for those customers who want to enjoy the features of Proxim’s Tsunami 8200 point-to-multipoint products for those smaller-scale deployments requiring lower overall capacity. These customers may be either those looking to enjoy the Tsunami benefits for the first time or those already enjoying the Tsunami benefits but looking to upgrade and modernize their older systems. Projects which previously could not cost-justify the high-end 8200 series can now utilize the 820 products and realize similar benefits and features at a lower price point.
Ideal applications for these 820 products include:
- Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs) – high 26 dBm transmit power combined with support for either asynchronous or GPS-synchronized operation
- Video security and surveillance – enhanced video stream features combined with optimized, secure RF links
- Mobile communications – seamless high-speed roaming capability at up to 185 mph included
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS) – wide 5.150 – 5.925 GHz frequency range supported in a single product combined with low power consumption enabling solar-powered remote deployments
Additional Tsunami 820 Product Features
Additional features of the 820 products include:
- Powered by WORP®: All 820 products are powered by Proxim’s proprietary Wireless Optimized Routing Protocol (WORP®) software. Proxim’s WORP software has the ability to operate either in GPS-synchronized mode or asynchronous mode depending on the application needs. WORP with its advanced Layer 2 design is more efficient than competing Layer 2 protocols and delivers superior QoS. With WORP customers can deploy mixed traffic networks such as voice, video and data on the same link and deliver all traffic streams properly according to the specific QoS needs.
- Compact – small (5” x 8 ½” x 3”, 3 lb) form factor
- Robust – carrier class IP 67 metal enclosure
- Full Proxim Compatibility – compatible with Proxim’s 8100/8200 products and also backwards compatible with Tsunami MP.11 5054 previous generation products, making the 820 products an ideal upgrade option
- Centralized management – 820 products can be managed centrally by the same ProximVision network management system that manages other Proxim products
- Reliable – MTBF >350,000 hours (almost 40 years)
Comment from Proxim
"We like to make the decision-making process easier for our customers,” said Greg Marzullo, President & CEO of Proxim Wireless. “When considering competitive products, customers have traditionally been forced into a difficult choice. Do they want a low-cost product OR a full-featured product? Do they want a compact product OR a robust product? Our 820 products remove the need to make those hard decisions. The 820 products are both low-cost AND full-featured. The 820 products are both compact AND robust. This combination of features, plus Proxim’s reputation for standing behind its products, should remove the need for compromise when planning for smaller deployments."
About Proxim Wireless
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could contribute to such differences including difficulties in overcoming the network installation and operational challenges relating to any specific customer or geographical area; factors beyond our control such as weather, geographic, governmental, and interference issues that may increase the costs and difficulties of wireless deployments; specific requirements of a given customer in their specific situations; whether the deployment will achieve the desired objectives of any given customer; and difficulties or delays in supplying products with the features, performance, compliances, certifications, cost, price, quality, and other characteristics desired by customers. Further information on these and other factors that could affect Proxim's actual results is contained in the filings made by Proxim with the OTC Markets (available at www.otcmarkets.com), including without limitation in the Annual Report filed by Proxim on March 30, 2010, and is and will be contained in its other public statements, which may be available on Proxim’s website (www.proxim.com).
- Dael A. Bartlett
- Vice President of Marketing
- Proxim Wireless
- Phone: (408) 383 7615
Keep in Touch