Proxim introduces the all new ORiNOCO® AP-8100, combining compact design with breakthrough speeds of 300 Mbps and incredible flexibility.
The ORiNOCO® AP-8100 is a high performance, very reliable 2x2 MIMO access point with 20 dBm dual – chain aggregate Transmission power. It features incredible performance of 300 Mbps aggregate throughput and unparalleled flexibility. In addition, Proxim’s new 802.11n access point has been developed by combining ergonomics and cutting edge design that simplifies installation and deployment.
Organizations of all sizes encompassing Small and Medium Enterprises, Health Care, Governments and Public safety departments, can achieve higher performance than their existing wired and wireless LANs while avoiding High OPEX and CAPEX, deployment challenges and additional network planning. The primary advantages of 802.11n compliant products are significantly higher throughput and longer range.
Proxim’s ORiNOCO® AP-8100 products enable enterprises of all size to finally unwire the wired LAN by providing greater performance than existing Ethernet networks.
- High throughput with dual radio rates of 300+300Mbps
- No need to run new cable to add stations to a LAN
- 7x the throughput of existing typical WLANs
- High reliability for quad play applications
Unparalleled flexibility and convenience with Centralized Management
The ProximVision ES network management system supports the ORiNOCO® AP-8100 giving network architects unparalleled flexibility.
- Rapid Network Deployment – ProximVision ES automates configuration processes for faster, more efficient deployment of Proxim Wireless networks.
- Mobile Configuration Capabilities – ProximVision ES gives network managers a mobile option for exhaustive device configuration with a software-based tool.
- Greater Ease of Use and Upgradability – ProximVision ES can support a greater number of APs than competitively priced solutions and provides the simplest path to configuration and upgrade.
Proxim’s ORiNOCO® AP-8100 provide enterprise class security to ensure full protection of sensitive information.
- 802.11i based security with AES 128 encryption and 802.1x Radius based authentication.
- Rogue device scan providing list of devices surrounding AP-8100.
- Secure management (https/SSL, telnet/SSH and SNMPv3) preventing unwanted configuration change.
- Kensington Lock protecting against product theft.
- Fire resistant enclosure matching plenum installation requirement
Proxim’s ORiNOCO® AP-8100 solution drastically reduces the cost of WLAN deployments
- With the added range and throughput, deployments now cost only a fraction of today’s 802.11a/b/g networks when deployed to achieve the same capacity
- AP-8100 provides two times the range of standard 802.11a/b/g APs ensuring enhanced signal strength to hard-to-reach clients in the office, which simplifies deployment
Reduced Cost of Upgrading
Proxim’s ORiNOCO® AP-8100 overcomes the deployment challenges and the associated costs of competitive 802.11n products by eliminating the need for forklift upgrades, additional wiring, or additional network planning.
- Because Proxim does not require costly WLAN controllers, AP-8100 networks can cost effectively scale to meet increasing bandwidth demands in the future
- ORiNOCO 802.11n APs are the only APs on the market that are completely 802.3af compliant in all configurations, which avoids the cost of additional wiring or power injectors as required by 802.3at compliant ApsM
- 8100 APs utilize a very convenient mounting hardware enabling simple swap out of old APs and making upgrades a snap
|ORiNOCO AP-8100||ORiNOCO® AP-8100, MIMO 2x2, 802.11 a/n + b/g/n dual radio Access Point|
|WIRED ETHERNET||One auto MDI-X RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet|
|WIRELESS PROTOCOL||One 802.11b/g/n radio
One 802.11a/n radio
|RADIO & TX SPECS|
|REMOTE||Telnet and SSH, Web GUI and SSL, TFTP, SNMP v1, v2c and v3|
|OTHER||Syslog, and SNTP|
|ENCRYPTION||WEP, TKIP and AES, Based on 802.11i standard|
|AUTHENTICATION||Internal MAC Address Control List, Pre-Shared Key and 802.1x (Radius based)|
|AP-AP COMMUNICATION||WDS with STP loop avoidance|
|RF ENVIRONMENT||Rogue Scan|
|DHCP||Client and Server|
|QoS||Wireless Multimedia Extensions, based on 802.11e EDCA standard|
|VLAN||802.1Q: Management VLAN. Transparent, Access and Trunk mode. Radius based VLAN assignment|
|POWER OVER ETHERNET||802.3af/at compliant|
|POWER ADAPTER||110/220 V AC - 50/60 Hz (input), 12 V DC - 1.25 A (output)|
|CONSUMPTION||7 Watt average, 12 Watt peak|
|TEMPERATURE||OPERATING 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113º Fahrenheit)
STORAGE -40º to 70ºC (-40º to 158º Fahrenheit)
|HUMIDITY||5 to 95 % relative humidity (non-condensing)|
|PACKAGED||13x8.5x2.17 in (300x216x55 mm)|
|UNPACKAGED||6.69 x 6.69 x 1.74 in. (170 x 170 x 44.1 mm)|
|PACKAGED||1.7 lbs (0.770 kg)|
|UNPACKAGED||0.75 lbs) (0.340 kg)|
|UL 60950-1, plenum rated (ATX 200 material)|
|Over 100k Hours|
|1-year on parts and labor; ServPak Extended Support available|