Proxim Introduces Long-Range High-Capacity Point To Point Link
Supporting Links of up to 25 miles
Silicon Valley, CA, June 27, 2016 - Proxim Wireless Corporation (OTC Markets: PRXM), a pioneer and global leader in advanced Wi-Fi, point to point (PtP), and point to multipoint (PtMP) wireless systems, is announcing a long range version of its carrier class Tsunami QuickBridge® backhaul product - the new Tsunami® QB-10150-LKL.
With the newly introduced LKL version, a 28 dBi high gain integrated antenna allows links in excess of 35 km to be deployed with a low-profile, integrated solution. Shorter range connections will also benefit from the higher modulation rates and resulting higher data rates enabled by this powerful product over competitive products with lower antenna gain.
The LKL version continues to support key features that have made the QB 10100 series successful such as:
- High Capacity - this product supports a useable throughput of 650 Mbps
- Frequency Agile - customers can select a wide frequency range from 5.15 to 5.85 GHz in a single model
- Carrier Class - Supporting standard Telco temperature ranges from -40 to +60 C, and contained in an IP67 rated enclosure these products are made to last in the most harsh environments. In addition the QB-10150-LKL supports IEEE 1588 pass through and Jumbo Frames, which are common carrier requirements.
- New Simply Powerful GUI - The QB-10150-LKL sports the newly released "Simply Powerful GUI" that is present in all 10100 products.
- RF Robustness - The QB-10150-LKL, like all Proxim Tsunami radio products implements Proxim ClearConnect™ ensuring the radio is able to withstand all but the most hostile RF environments.
- WORP® - Proxim's proprietary WORP software provides efficiency and QoS over the link allowing multiple traffic streams with varying QoS needs to be bundled into one link.
With high bandwidth, QoS, and RF robustness and now long range coverage, the QB-10150-LKL is ideal for small cell backhaul, video security backhaul, and enterprise connectivity applications.
"The release of the QB-10150-LKL PtP product represents Proxim's continued leadership in delivering what customers need in this market - highly cost effective PtP links with an extended range for those challenging deployments," said Greg Marzullo, President and CEO of Proxim Wireless. "With a greater than 35 km range, the LKL product will enable simple, rapid installation of carrier class, high-capacity PTP links our customers demand."
To find out more about Proxim Wireless, please visit www.proxim.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. Like us on Facebook or go to our YouTube page for latest videos.
About Proxim Wireless
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could contribute to such differences, including difficulties in overcoming the network installation and operational challenges relating to any specific customer or geographical area; factors beyond our control such as weather, geographic, governmental, and interference issues that may increase the costs and difficulties of wireless deployments or otherwise impact the performance of our products; specific requirements of a given customer in their specific situations; whether the deployment will achieve the desired objectives of any given customer; changes in the timing, features, and other characteristics of products Proxim expects to introduce; and difficulties or delays in supplying products with the features, performance, compliances, certifications, cost, price, quality, and other characteristics desired by customers. Further information on these and other factors that could affect Proxim's actual results is contained in the filings made by Proxim with the OTC Markets (available at www.otcmarkets.com), including without limitation in the Annual Report filed by Proxim on March 30, 2010, and is and will be contained in its other public statements, which may be available on Proxim's website (www.proxim.com).